Frequently Asked Questions About Acupuncture
No, acupuncture should not hurt. After insertion you may feel a sensation of warmth, heaviness, or tingling, but there should be no pain. Most people are amazed by how relaxed they feel during and after the treatment. This can only occur if the treatment is comfortable and gentle.
Your initial acupuncture visit will consist of a consultation with Jackie Close, the acupuncturist at Seattle Healing Acupuncture. You will first discuss your main complaints and then Jackie will get a detailed health history from you. After gathering all of the information you will receive an acupuncture treatment and at the end of the treatment Jackie will discuss your diagnosis, answer any questions you may have and go over a treatment plan with you.
Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine are designed to treat and maintain health. Chinese medicine is a whole system medicine which means we look at the entire system and treat you accordingly. It is not a fragmented system of medicine that will put a band aid on a symptom for temporary relief. As an acupuncturist, Jackie will address the symptom you present with, as well as the root of why the symptom initially appeared. This approach not only allows you to become symptom free; it also helps in preventing the symptom from returning so you can achieve and maintain optimal health.
As long as it is performed by a competent practitioner, acupuncture is extremely safe. Acupuncturists are required to use sterile, disposable needles that are discarded after one use.
- Jackie practices what she preaches. She is dedicated to continually learning about Chinese medicine and health in general. She implements these ideas into her acupuncture practice as well as her own personal life. She practices qi gong (an art form that includes stretching and meditation based on the same principles as acupuncture and Chinese medicine) on a regular basis to enhance her own personal health and increase the effectiveness of the treatments.
- A comprehensive diagnosis is clearly communicated to you.
- We love what we do and are devoted to top quality patient care.
- We take our time with you: 1.5 hours in the first visit and 45- 60 minute follow-ups.
- We educate you about what’s wrong, why and how it can be healed according to Chinese medical principles.
- We offer free educational classes.
- When you get acupuncture treatments, at no extra charge, we give nutritional counseling, herbal consulting, cupping, and moxibustion.
- All of our herbs are GMP certified, safe and effective.
- You can speak to Jackie, the owner of Seattle Healing Acupuncture, directly about your needs.
- Your acupuncture treatment is personally tailored to fit your needs. Many acupuncturists use the same protocols on all of their patients. At Seattle Healing Acupuncture, your treatment specifically reflects your unique individual dynamics.
- Evening appointments are available.
- Digestive disorders
- Chronic pain
- Weak immunity
- Autoimmune diseases
- Menstrual cramps
- Menopausal symptoms
- Stress management
- High blood pressure and cholesterol
- Sinus infections
- Weight Loss
- Skin conditions ie eczema, hives, psoriasis, acne
Many companies now do provide acupuncture coverage. Jackie is an in-network provider for most of the major insurance companies in Washington State. (See our insurance page). We will bill your insurance company directly. Call us at 206.783.1912 and we will find out for you if you have coverage for acupuncture on your plan.
Cash, check, Visa and MasterCard are the accepted forms of payment.
This is extremely individual based and difficult to put everyone into a box of a specific treatment number. Generally speaking receiving 1-2 treatments/week for the first 3-4 weeks allows for a solid foundation for your health goals that can be easily built upon with treatments once a week or once every 2 weeks until we are able to maintain your health at 1 time every 3-4 weeks.
Yes, we have an extensive Chinese herbal pharmacy that consists of patent herbal formulas that come as granulated capsules. The clinic also offers customized herbal powdered blends that are taken as a tea. The supplements we sell at Seattle Healing Acupuncture are all whole food based meaning they come from food and there are zero synthetic substances in them.
Yes, if you are receiving acupuncture and an herbal formula is indicated for your condition, Jackie will prescribe the formula at no extra charge. The only addition cost will be the actual herbs.
Seattle Healing Acupuncture is located in located in Wallingford at 1307 N. 45th , Suite 204, Street, Seattle, WA 98103. We serve the greater Seattle area including but not limited to Freemont, Wallingford, Capitol Hill, University District, Greenlake, Bell Town, West Seattle, Crown hill, Shoreline and Ballard.